Hybrid Worship Beginning June 6th!
We are excited that we now have basic technology for live-streaming our services on Sunday so that we can integrate in-person worship in our sanctuary and virtual worship for those who can’t join us there safely or practically. It’s the best of both worlds!
After careful consideration of the new CDC guidelines Brookmeade church leaders want to start our in-person worship requiring all persons to use masks while indoors. This will allow us to sing together as a congregation once more. We will hold our renowned Coffee Fellowship outside, weather permitting. Full details and safety protocols are now available and will be updated as necessary here (see below).
For those who are unable or not ready to attend in-person, Sunday services will be live streamed from our Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/brookmeadeucc). You do not need a Facebook account to watch the live stream. Just visit our Facebook page and scroll down to find the livestream. If prompted to login, click “Not Now”. Services will later be uploaded to our Youtube channel, where our all-virtual services have appeared this last year. The videos uploaded to Youtube will include additional text of the hymn lyrics and responsive readings.
In addition to holding Coffee Fellowship outdoors whenever weather permits, we will limit our fare to beverages and for now, pre-packaged finger foods. Any contributions of pre-packaged finger foods are very welcome.
Please feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns. Your leaders and staff are excited to be worshiping with all of you again in-person!
Safety Precautions for Hybrid Worship
Here are the safety protocols being put in place to keep everyone safe, healthy and comfortable:
- We ask that EVERYONE wear masks inside the building since we do not know who all is vaccinated or may still be at high risk and because we plan to participate in congregational singing of hymns.
- Masks and hand sanitizer will be made readily available for everyone.
- Weather permitting, we will open the sanctuary doors and side door to create a cross breeze and air flow in the sanctuary.
- Communion will be consecrated in the sanctuary, but we will partake of the elements together outdoors following the benediction. We will use individually, pre-packaged communion elements.
- Coffee Fellowship will be held outdoors, weather permitting. We will use pre-packaged finger foods for now.
- Regular deep cleaning and disinfecting of the building will continue as it has during the pandemic.
- We will continue having conversations with the congregation about safe practices moving forward.