Brookmeade will again be supporting the Room in the Inn program in Nashville by serving the homeless in our area this winter season. We will host seven men one Sunday a month and provide them with dinner Sunday evening, a warm bed for the night and breakfast on Monday morning. The dates this season will be Nov 27th & Dec 25th of 2016 and Jan 29th & Feb 26th of 2017.
We will need volunteers to:
- Set up cots Sunday after Service (4-6 volunteers)
- Stay overnight as Inn keepers (2 volunteers)
- Drive Sunday evening to transport guests from the Room In The Inn Campus in Nashville to Brookmeade UCC (2 volunteers)
- Drive Monday morning to transport guests from Brookmeade UCC back to the RITI Campus (2 volunteers) (If anyone has a van with room for 7 passengers, only 1 driver would be needed)
- Prepare and serve dinner for 7 guests (7) and 2+ volunteers on Sunday evening (2-4 volunteers)
- Prepare bags lunches for our guests to have on Monday (1 volunteer or family)
- Collect and launder linens and towels during the week after we host our guests (1-2 volunteers)
We have a sign-up sheets in the Fellowship hallway. Please direct any questions to Elvis or Mike.